Monday, January 8, 2024

Embryo Transfer

 TEXT

10:49 AM

Good morning. The lab thawed the first embryo which unfortunately did not survive so they are now thawing another embryo.

This can happen unfortunately 
 
 ---------------------
 
When I got to the clinic (at 1:00 PM) Anani was already there.
We had a fruitful conversation. We both would like to raise our children elsewhere.
She was visibly impressed by my appearance.  I imagine last time I looked thin and not as healthy as I look now after the flu and after weeks of taking care of myself.

I was called in to talk to the embryologist whose name is Charlene.
She used pictures of the embryos to explain how they choose the embryo to be transferred.
In the picture below, one can see the how the embryo, when healthy, expands until the membrane surrounding it pops. The particles outside prove the embryo is ready to be transferred.
 
She explained to me how the embryo is stored and gave me the container of the embryo that could not survive as a memento.
 



 
 
She told me I could be in the room with Anani where the transfer would take place. 
I decided I was going to ask Anani if it was OK with her.
 

 
 Back to the lobby with Anani.
We had more time to talk until she was called in.
Then, Adela, the assistant, called me in to give me the operating theatre scrub suit, with a short-sleeved, V-neck shirt, head cover, and shoes.
 
I was introduced to Dr. Peres, whom I was honored to meet.
I had only seen him in the pics hanging in the lobby.
 
Once I got into the room, I was ask to sit behind Anani, on the left side of the bed.
From that angle I was able to see the monitor while Dr. Peres did the procedure.
 
 

The embryologist came in with the embryo.

She asked Anani 3 questions: her name, he date of birth, the name of the intended parent

After that she handed the embryo to Dr. Peres, who introduced it into Anani's uterus.

As Anani said, the embryo looks like a spot of light in the uterus.

 

NOTE

Robert Edwards was awarded the 2010 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine "for the development of in vitro fertilization".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boca Fertility / Amy sent me a message.

2:53 PPM  Amy: good Afternoon. i have received the beta result and unfortunately it is negative. I am so terribly sorry. She will stop her m...