The experience at Conceptions Florida was extremely disappointing. Not only did I pay 300 USD prior to seeing any body there, but once I was in, they did not know why I was there. I guess they never had a single man wanting to be a parent via ivf. I began to text Gia and Wendy right away. Their behavior was that disconcerting. Once I was asked to sit in one of the rooms, I began to text.
TEXT
Thursday, July 21 @ 11:45 AM
Me: Good morning G & W. I am at Dr. Hernandez's office. They are asking about the purpose of my visit. Do you guys know why I am here? The assistant went to look for Gina. She is supposed to know.
-----------
I talked to Gina. She took notes about my journey with having a family. She did not know about the Coparent's platform. She was actually surprised something like that exists. After I told her about Natalia being from Chile, she admitted her own parents are from Chile. After I talked to Gina, who was smiley and dismissive, as if she knew the outcome of my visit (they were not going to work with me) and was just playing a part in a bad play. She told me the ethically, they did not work with people older than 55. IF I found a partner, the sum of the ages had to equal 100... ??? She told me she would call Maggie.
TEXT
Me: OK, I will be talking to Maggie. I will keep you posted.
--------------------
The conversation with Maggie was the biggest turn off ever. She added to what Gina had said, only that she also said that the process was not easy. She used the example of a male client who started at age 55, and he had not been able to find a surrogate, and now he is too old. She basically tried to convince me about not going on with it. She even suggested I got into a real relationship. I agreed, as if I was convinced she was right, but I knew she would never convince me of quitting something I have tried to do already for so long. What I knew is that I needed to get out of there as soon as possible. The vibes there so negative, so bigoted towards single men trying to have family without a woman. I realized they had an ideological issue. This, I had also faced with South Miami ivf and Dr. ? When I told him I wanted to have children by myself, he said he had worked with gay men before, as if suggesting I was gay because I wanted to do this by myself aftern my ex-wife, whom he knew, did not want to go on with it.
---------------------------------
TEXT
@ 6:41 PM
Me: Gia and Wendy, please, stop the process with the donor and the Unilab. Conceptions Florida will not work with me. Their age cut-off for single male parents is 55.
Gia: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that
Let me speak to Wendy ... her number is 964.235.2990
Please, don't feel defeated; we will figure something out.
Me: Thank you Gia. I am OK

No comments:
Post a Comment