Sema4
– Genetic blood test that is done at our office, any day of the week.
Please call our office to schedule. The cost for the blood draw is $40 –
we will
supply the laboratory with your insurance information. If insurance
does not pay for the testing the cost is $249 at most. Results take up
to 21 business days, if you are found to be a carrier for anything, a
genetic counselor will contact you with their recommendations.
Semen culture –
The culture requires collection at
home with one of our sterile containers, by appointment only. Please
call to schedule drop-off at our office Monday – Friday 9am-2pm.
Collection must be by masturbation, and only mineral
oil can be used as a lubricant. Collection must occur within 1-2 hours
of drop off time. No abstinence required. I have confirmed with
embryology that the analysis is sufficient to proceed with IVF. No need
to follow up with urology as that will delay the
process.
---------------------------
Before I got ready to go to the clinic, I got up early and went to the beach to see the sunrise. I had check the time sunrise was going to happen (5:39). I drove from the hotel to Hillsborough Blvd and went east. I parked in front of the public beach area.Sunrise did not take place until after 7:00. Joanne, a lady who was also waiting for the sun to rise, had an interesting conversation with me about vaccines (she did not get vaccinates, her son (who is 24) and the woman she is taking care (with her sister).
Deerfield's Sunrise
Boca Fertility
After sunrise, I went back to the hotel and went back to sleep. I needed to rest. It was about 7:30AM. I got up around 10:00AM and decided it was the eight moment to collect the semen. So I did. I took a shower, got dressed and headed to the clinic. After collection of semen, the sample should be deliver within the hour.
I go to the clinic and everything about it was welcoming: the building, the office, the staff. I had to fill a couple of forms. I paid and turned in the sample. I said hello to Sasha with whom I had spoken on the phone and I met Taylor who drew my blood.
Taylor gave me a card to track the results of the test.
Boca Museum of Art
I was in such good spirits when I left that I decided to go to the Boca Raton Museum of Art where I had been with Richard and mom so many years ago. The Mizner Plaxa is such a beautiful place to visit also.



























'























































No comments:
Post a Comment