
I wen to Quest the day after I spoke to Wanda. The same Quest I had gone to the 2 previous times. When I signed in and to my surprise I was listed not as a walk-in, but as someone who had made an appointment. I was called in.
The moment the lab person took the order, she began to have questions. She called in someone who seemed to have more knowledge and/or experience. The mentioned the FedEx kit.The same kit mentioned by the first Quest branch I went to the first time.
But now, I was more informed and told them, this is just a blood test. No one had sent me a kit to bring to them. Then, they said that without the kit, the system did not allow them to go further.
I went outside and texted Wanda first to explain what was going on. Wanda called me and asked me to put them on the phone. She identified herself as the sales rep for Quest. She asked them to bypass the kit requirement. They told her they did not know how to do it. She asked for the supervisor. They said, she was already going to call them. I was asked to go the lobby and sit.
After a while Dennis, the lab person, called me in again. This time, it took him a while to complete the process in the system because he had to do it all manually. I thought how the system is supposed to make it all easier and ends up doing the opposite. The whole time I was chatting with Daisy about it. We had a conversation about this complicated systems created in medicine, which are not efficient and delay everything.
Finally Dennis finished. Now he was able to draw blood from my arm. He filled 5 of those ... And I had to also repeat the urine specimen.
No comments:
Post a Comment