Today I will have my psychological evaluation with Dr, Fichera from South Florida Psychology.
I made an appointment yesterday 2/28/2022 by phone following the recommendation of Dr. Bennett form Bocca Fertility. The appointment was schedule for today (the following day), which is great.
Dr. Bennett's email stated de following:
3) Psychological evaluation – If not already completed, this is required for you to complete prior to proceeding with donor egg IVF and surrogacy. Please schedule a consultation at your earliest convenience (can be virtual). Below I have listed providers that we highly recommend:
Dr. Christopher Fichera, PhD – (561) 395-0243
Karyn Rosenberg, L.C.S.W – (561) 306-0232
I chose Dr, Christopher Fichera expecting more empathy from him being a man. After my experience with Conceptions Florida I think some women do not support the idea o a single man being a father all by himself.
Yesterday, also under de recommendation of Dr. Bennett, I made the appointment for blood test with Quest for FDA infection screening blood-work
Visit with Dr. Fichera
1. Introductions.
2. He asked if I was going to be the intended parent.
3. He asked who referred me and who was the Dr. I was working with. I said Bocca Fertility with Dr. Bennett. He asked if that was with Dr. Peress, I said yes.
4. Mentioned that the questions were in compliance with the requirements of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
5 Questions:
a) Name: He made sure he got my name right with the right pronunciation. He was charming and had a gentle smile.
b) Highest Education Degree
c) Place of Work
d) Marital Status
e) He asked if I was aware of risks for the surrogate (Double pregnancy, selective reduction?). I said to him that according to the Agency (Wendy), it was no allowed to have multiple pregnancies anymore. He said he did not know and was going to find out about it.
f) One of the questions was that if I could not produce the pregnancy, was I willing to adop? I said yes. He suggested I get in touch with Resolve.org, an agency that helps people with reproductive problems to get information as to what are their options.
g) He told me he sees no reason why I could not be a parent and told me the report will be ready later today or tomorrow.
h) The cost of the visit (virtual) was 350.00 USD.
Receipt (7/29/2022) Sent via gmail


.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment